Monday, February 15, 2010

Don't get comfortable, stay on edge

The key, as I've mentioned in earlier posts, is to turn your vision into a white-hot, burning obsession in your gut and mind. Once your viz has evolved into a being of its own inside of you, it will start to manifest itself at a rapid pace. Results will happen, you will feel different-more confident, and you'll expect good things to happen.

The challenge with it becoming such an obsession is that it becomes uncomfortable. Many times during this growth process, I've found myself in moods and states that were less than calm places to be. The reason is because we have not arrived yet and it eats at us. This uncomfortable state is the beginning of getting everything you want.

Last Friday, at the end of my day(5:45pm), my brain was still running 100 miles per hour. The question "what else can I do right now to make a huge impact on my business?" occupied my thoughts, and I could not escape it. Frustration set in and I almost felt like I was going mad. Here it is, a Friday night, and I can't chill or at least get into weekend mode.

Then I realized, this is what it's like to be in the zone. Not the weekend zone, the zone in which I build a huge, profitable businesses that launch me toward my vision. It's this kind of unsettled state that drives us into massive action. 97% of the people in the world punch that timeclock at 4:00 or whatever time they get off on Friday, and they can't wait to start the weekend. They immediately set their job over to the side and get to playing, which is fine, ultimately. Everyone needs a break. But, it's become clear to me that only when we're uncomfortable do we have the sense of urgency to get to that elite level. We are capable of so much more..more calls, more energy, more desire to kick everyone's ass we compete with. This thing we do, or what some try to do, this growing and evolving into business and/or sales elite, requires crazy focus and energy. We have to find this state of wanting to close every deal that is out there...find it, cultivate it and close it!! I'm talking about living in a zone where no one can beat us. If a prospect passes on us, eff him. We'll find another deal, a better deal. This is the level of passion, focus, and urgency we need to find in order to create and build what we've set out to create and build.

Work with passion, with energy, with focus. Be that guy who shows up with that look of determination in his eye, the guy who know exactly what he wants and what he needs to do right now to get there.

Action: Get clear again on your vision. Who are you going to become? What type of life are you going to have? What house will your family live in? What cars will you drive? What will your business look like? Then, when you've refocused on what you want again, then lock in on WHY. The tasks we execute are not the focus here, they're the method. The vision is the focus and why we are building it...this is our driving force for all action we take. Stay crystal clear on the vision, but work your ass off on the Simple Disciplines.

Flip the switch

No comments:

Post a Comment