Monday, February 22, 2010

Personal Development

Over and over I've promoted the benefits of PD(personal development). It's without question, the single biggest factor in the positive changes I've experienced in my life. What it does is challenge the belief systems you've been given throughout your life.

Unfortunately, none of us got to consciously choose what beliefs we hold today. Everything we understand to be true or to be so were passed down to us from people in our lives -- parents, teachers, coaches, friends, whoever. Kind of a scary thought when you look around. Families are great, we love them. But, they don't always necessarily have the most empowering ideas about life, business, money, or whatever else we now find important. Poverty, like wealth, is passed down from generation to generation. Not through measly bank accounts, but through beliefs.

With this in mind, it's important to know those philosophies can be identified through the process of PD. I've experienced this firsthand. PD exposes us to better philosophy, which, in turn, challenges what we already believe. Then, through repetition in hearing or reading these empowering beliefs, we'll start to adopt them as our own. This is the path to much better results.

I thought I'd outline a few of the new philosophies I now have. These serve as filters for all of the decisions I make and consequently, the actions I take. Some are philosophy, as I mentioned. Some are just ideas, some are goals, whatever:

The true rewards go to those who are willing to consistently go outside of their comfort zones.

To achieve great financial results, we must focus on serving the many.

Before a man can lead and inspire others, he must first be in control of himself..mind and body.

Anything the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve(Napolean Hill)

We get paid according to the size of the problems we are able to solve.

It's not what we do every once in a while that determines our results, it's what we do every day.

I'm building businesses that produce profit while I'm out enjoying my life with my family, playing golf, traveling, etc...it's leverage.

Good marketing provides us leverage in that it attracts hundreds, thousands of qualified prospects who know us and what we have to offer.

There's a distinct difference between working "on" the business versus working "in" the business.

Financial freedom is when your passive income exceeds your monthly expenses.

We grow, mentally, spiritually, physically, when we push against great resistance.

Create a business that portable -- it can be run from anywhere, including a beach.

A man who has self-discipline can build any life he chooses.

Surround yourself and your family with winners.

We become the average of the five people we associate with the most.

Never make a decision in a state of fear.

Leaders get all the info and decide quickly and are slow to change their minds; followers are slow to decide and change their position quickly, usually based on someone else's opinion.

Identify where the 97% of our population is headed, and go a different direction.

If you can write a check-no matter how big and it goes away, it's a challenge, not a problem.

Look for the good in people and circumstances, and you'll find it.

We always have something to be grateful for.

Wherever you are, be there.

Our philosophy determines our attitude, our attitude determines our actions, our actions determine our results, our results determine our lifestyle.

Just a few of the beliefs I now hold...all as a result of PD. Now, when I'm faced with challenges, or questions or big decisions, I have a set of filters that shape my thoughts toward the positive, instead of getting frustrated or afraid or whatever I used to get from my old beliefs.

Just an hour a day, is all it takes. Make this a part of your day and you'll be blown away with the results....I promise you.

Flip the switch

No comments:

Post a Comment