Saturday, February 13, 2010

What a Week

It's Saturday morning...I slept in until 9:00(which was fantastic). I'm sitting down in my office at home, looking back on the first week of this 90 Days to Discipline journey. Incredible week. No other way of describing what went down.

Let's take a quick look at the highlights:

1. I worked out hard four times -- running 12 miles total and 4 good strength training sessions. Long, long way to go to get to my goal of 165 lbs with 8% bodyfat, but what is most important is I'm back in the saddle of working out...I'm approaching momentum. My nutrition this week was pretty darn solid. I wasn't perfect, by any means. As I reflect on this aspect, the reason I fell short on the diet side is that I wasn't prepared. Preparation is key, and I left my home or the hotel room each morning without a plan for eating right. I made good choices, for the most part. Lack of preparation can make it nearly impossible. Lesson learned.

2. I closed three deals with MBJ this week, with personal profits of $11,000 approximately, from these deals. These leads came from my own personal grass roots marketing efforts down in Austin, TX. Fundamentals!

3. I was able to open talks with 6 new prospects for WW -- these dealers purchase a total of $1.5Million in volume. I've got meetings scheduled with all six dealers next week to take the sales process further.

4. I closed a deal with my largest prospect for WW yesterday(Friday) at 4:45pm. These guys should purchase a minimum of $700,000 in product from us this year. Potentially, they could become a $4,000,000 a year dealer for us. My commission rate is 5%...

5. I plugged into about 13 hours of personal development for the week, utilizing my windshield time(when I wasn't making prospecting calls). My studies this week mostly dealt with building lists of loyal people through blogging and product launches.

6. My vision is becoming emblazened in my brain. Visualizing it twice daily and reciting my Think and Grow Plan twice daily, has helped turn my vision into a white hot obsession for me. Only when it becomes a fire in your belly will your vision pull you toward it. This starts with seeing it and reciting it over and over, with passion and absolute faith it will manifest itself.

7. I have decent momentum on the blogging front. I've posted at least twice daily on the 90 Days blog. Blogging, like any other worthwhile endeavor, takes consistent effort and a persistent, yet patient attitude toward it. Eventually, this blog will catch on, because the information I'm providing is not readily accessible.

In summary, my personal income increased by at least $50K this week from the deals outlined above. I still have work to do of course, to earn the WW biz from my new dealer and maximize their volume for 2010. But, all in all, great results for simply doing what I could have been and should have been doing all along...working hard, working smart, with a kick-ass plan that's focused on executing a few Simple Disciplines every single day. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE, I SWEAR.

90 Days to Discipline is not going to be easy, for any of us. But, think of the payoff. Think of what we can accomplish once we've become that guy-the guy who commits to a vision and does whatever necessary to make it real. The guy who makes no excuses. The guy who holds laser focus on his vision and is hell-bent on helping enough people in the niche he is so incredibly passionate about, to earn a fortune for him and his family. This is the ultimate freedom. When one has this sort of discipline and toughness, he will always be in control of his and his family's destiny. He won't be one of those guys who sits around worrying on Sunday night that his boss may let him go on Monday. That's for the weak. We are not the weak. We are the leaders in this world. We just have to wake up every morning and decide to be...

Flip the switch

No comments:

Post a Comment